Monday, October 17, 2005

Urlscan Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 SP1

I finally fixed the problem I encountered with OWA and urlscan after installling Windows 2003 SP1. Basically I was getting page cannot be found errors. I found that owalogon.asp was being denied by the urlscan template that I copied from an MS KB article. Here are the KB articles that I would recommend to anyone installing URLScan:

How to configure the urlscan tool

URLScan tool may cause problems in Outlook Web Access

DO use the urlscan template listed here
Fine-tunning and known issues when you use the Urlscan utility in an Exchange 2003 environment

**Do NOT** use the urlscan template listed in this KB - This is what broke OWA with Windows 2003 SP1
IIS lockdown and URLScan configurations in an Exchange environment
In the authors defense, the template is for Exchange 2000. It worked fine with Exchange 2003 until I installed Windows 2003 SP1.